Our final Stated Meeting of the year took place last Saturday at Prospect Presbyterian Church in Maplewood. A special thanks to our wonderful hosts: Rev. Rick Boyer, Peter Ncanywa, John Pearson, and the hospitality team at Prospect, for the delicious breakfast and creative worship leadership during the meeting.
Documents and reports from this meeting can be found in the Archives section of the Presbytery website. The following motions were approved on the floor of Presbytery:
- To approve the meeting’s docket
- To approve the minutes of the September 14, 2019 Stated Meeting
- To concur with the Presbytery of Beaver-Butler’s overture (“On establishing the authority of Presbyteries to define severance plans for installed ministers”)
- To concur with the Synod of the Northeast’s overture (“On establishing a General Assembly Administrative Commission on Mid-Councils”)
- To approve the VAB’s recommendation for Terms of Call for Stated Clerk Warren McNeill for the 2020 calendar year
- To enroll Pamela S. Osborne of Central Church Montclair as an Inquirer in accordance with the Book of Order G-2.0601
- To elect Elder Loretta Hazelwood and Rev. Dan Martian to serve as GA Commissioners in 2020
- To elect Christopher Amponsah to serve as a YAAD to GA, if the way be clear
- To adjourn with the Benediction
The following motions failed to be approved on the floor of Presbytery:
- To concur with the Synod of the Northeast’s overture (“On Amending G-2.0301 to Allow Congregations to Elect Members as Ruling Elders for Service to the Larger Church”)
We would also like to thank Rev. Caroline Unzaga for nurturing us with a thought-provoking presentation on the work she has been doing with the General Assembly’s Task Force to Study the Socio-Economic & Political Realities in Central America.
Thank you to all who attended this past meeting! We are looking forward to seeing you next year on Saturday, February 8th, 2020 at 8:30am, location TBD. Please note that all meeting packet and handout materials are due by email to the Presbytery Office by Thursday, January 23rd. Feel free to contact the Presbytery Office with any questions.